A cookie is a small piece of data sent from a website and stored in your web browser on your computer, mobile or other handheld device, while you are browsing a website. Cookies may be used to store your passwords and user ID’s, preferences of start pages, ordering status on a website, personalisation or website tracking (eg targeted marketing). The information stored in a cookie may later be read from your browser in order to –among other functions- deliver a page tailored to you or to automatically log in. Personal information can only be stored in a cookie if you yourself have provided the website that places the cookie with that personal information.
• for technical purposes essential for the operation of this website, such as keeping track of your current shopping session and enabling you to proceed to checkout and pay for products;
• to distinguish you from other users of this website, so we can personalize your shopping experience by making this website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests and so we can remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the country you are in) when you return to visit this website;
• to collect statistical information about the number of visitors that use our website through the link in the email newsletters, to measure the success of the newsletters;
• to collect statistical information about how visitors use this website, so we can improve the way this website works and measure the success of competitions and campaigns;
• to enable us to fulfill our contractual obligations to third parties, for example to pay a partner if you have made a purchase on this website by following a link from their website; and
• to make relevant offers to you outside of the woofguy.com website.
Cookies used on this website
Session cookies and Persistent cookies
WOOFGUY uses both session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies typically store information in the form of a session identification that does not personally identify you. These cookies are stored in temporary memory and are erased when you close the web browser. Persistent cookies may collect information about you, such as web surfing behavior or user preferences for a specific website. These cookies are stored on your hard drive until they expire or until you delete them.
First and Third party cookies
Both session cookies and persistent cookies are used by WOOFGUY and third parties on this website. Cookies placed by WOOFGUY are called first party cookies and are used for various purposes, for example to remember the username and to remember the items in a basket. Cookies placed by a different party than WOOFGUY, are called third party cookies. These cookies may “follow” you through various websites and for a longer period of time, but they do not collect personal data from which the third party would be able to identify you, the individual customer. The third parties placing these cookies may be suppliers who partner with us to deliver our website, companies that participate with us in affiliate marketing programs and other third parties.
Social media plugins
• Instagram: http://instagram.com/about/legal/privacy/
• Twitter: http://twitter.com/privacy
• Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/
Securing personal data
WOOFGUY ensures an appropriate degree and method of securing personal data. Therefore, WOOFGUY aims at having data transmitted safely between your computer and our server.
WOOFGUY Shop and other websites
This privacy statement may be changed as a result of any adjustments and/or changes to the website. It is therefore advisable to consult this privacy statement on a regular basis.